A powerful voice of reason in a culture of chaos, Dr. Rick Rigsby is a favorite among audiences worldwide. Whether he is motivating financial giants on Wall Street or fifth grade teachers at an elementary school—Rick Rigsby encourages and empowers audience members to become great people who do great things.
Born and reared in the San Francisco Bay Area, Rick graduated from college in 1978 with a degree in communications and a goal to be a network correspondent.
Following a successful career as a television news reporter for a CBS affiliate in Northern California, Rick Rigsby earned his Master's degree from California State University, Chico, followed by his Doctorate from the University of Oregon. Graduate school was followed by two decades as a college professor—the last 14 years at Texas A&M University—where he also served as character coach and chaplain for the Aggies football team.
Dr. Rigsby now devotes his full attention to empowering people worldwide—from presenting leadership principles in Nigeria to speaking to Fortune 500 companies in the Americas, Europe and Canada. In high demand among educational, business and service organizations and a favorite among professional sports organizations including the National Football League and the PGA, Rick offers common-sense wisdom to those desiring to rise to greater levels of excellence.
Awards & Recognition
Throughout his three decades in broadcasting and academe, Rick Rigsby has received numerous commendations and awards. Highlights include:
- Outstanding Television News Documentary, Awarded by the American Heart Association, California Chapter, 1983
- Outstanding Television News Reporter, Awarded by The Associated Press (Northern California), 1985
- Outstanding New Professor, Awarded by the Southern States Communication Association, 1995
- Outstanding Distinguished Teaching Award, Awarded by the College of Liberal Arts, Texas A&M University (two time recipient, 1996 and 1998)
- Distinguished Alumni of the Year, Awarded by the School of Communications, California State University, Chico, 2000
In addition to academic publications, Dr. Rigsby is the author of Lessons from a Third Grade Dropout—the story of timeless common-sense wisdom learned from his father